Asterisk PBX and VoIP - The future of telephony
by Mark Dickie
1930, Thursday July 1st 2010
Mark will describe the capabilities of Asterisk PBX and how it can integrate with a variety of existing telephony systems as well as showing some example setups.
Here are some of the points that Mark will cover
- Quick glossary of telephony terms
- Brief description of VoIP (protocols, and codecs)
- Why is an open source telephony system important?
- How to install Asterisk
- Basics of the command line
- How to make use of FreePBX (A web based Asterisk interface)
- Examples of office PBX features
- Examples of callcentre features
- Clever features of Asterisk
- Then finish with a Q/A session